What requirements do I need to bring my future wife back to the US from Colombia South America?

I am an american citizen and im going to colombia to marry my fiance. What is the financial and paperwork I need to put in for bringing her back to the US?

A: Another option you may wish to consider would be for her to obtain a Fiancee visa and come to the US to get married. You would first file the fiancee petition with the Immigration Service in the US. After that is approved, she will have a visa interview at the US consulate in Colombia. Upon approval of her Fiancee Visa, she can travel to the US. You and she will then need to get married within 90 days, and then she can apply to “adjust” her status in the US and receive her “green card.”

Answered By:

Gunderson, Denton & Peterson, P.C. – Attorney Mark Egan
1930 N Arboleda #201
Mesa, AZ 85213
Office: 480-655-7440
Fax: 480-655-7099

Re-Published from: AVVO Legal Questions and Answers

Leave a Reply